1. How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free
– Access the Windows 10 download page
– Click on “Download tool now” (the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool download will immediately start)
– Open the downloaded file and accept its license terms.
– Pick the “Upgrade this PC now” option.
– Choose if you want to perform a fresh install or if you want to keep all your software and files.
– Click on “Install.” Your computer will begin installing Windows 10. This might take a while and your computer will restart a few times – if you are doing this installation on a laptop, make sure it is charging during the entire process.
– After Windows is finished installing it is time to activate your key. Connect your device to the Internet, open your system settings and under the “Windows Update” tab click on “Activation.” Windows will automatically detect and validate your previous product key and provide you a new digital license for the Windows 10 version.
This is a fairly simple process that can be done by anyone, even by those who consider themselves to be technologically illiterate. Once you have your device upgraded to Windows 10, your system will automatically update every time Microsoft pushes a new security update to fix issues, improve stability, and keep your system protected against viruses and malware.